Coronavirus – Centre Update
Last updated: 16:40 Monday 13th July 2020
Following updated Government advice, community centres have now been allowed to open.
However, St John’s Centre will stay closed to visitors until further notice. This is so that we can continue to be a Trafford Community Response Hub, providing food parcels, shopping, prescription collections, wellbeing calls and other support to the people of Old Trafford while the Coronavirus is still in circulation.
You can read more about the work we have been doing in lockdown in this news article from Trafford Council.
Until we get further guidance from the government, we do not know when our courses, exercise classes, groups, and party hirings will be able to start again. We are not taking bookings for future hirings at the moment.
We are working with our course providers, partners, and the groups who usually meet here, to make sure we are ready to return safely. We hope that this will be able to happen from September.
In the meantime:
If you need help, advice or support because of Coronavirus, please call the Trafford Helpline number:
0300 330 9073
- Beatriz, our Keep Fit teacher, is running Pilates and Body Tone sessions on Zoom every Monday at 11am, and Yoga on Thursday at 11am. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join (£15 for 4 sessions, discounts available for low incomes).
- Dana, our Yoga teacher, is also running online sessions on Thursdays and Sundays. For more information, go to https://www.facebook.com/Dana-Yoga-570862533085238/
- For information on online courses, please go to www.wea.org.uk
- If you are an ESOL learner and would like to practise your English at home, www.manchesterESOL.org has lots of activities for all levels.
- If you have question about one of our evening groups, please go to our wellbeing activities page https://www.stjohnscentre.org/activities/ for contact details.
If you need any other information, please email us at email@example.com.
The Bread and Butter Thing is operating as normal from outside our building on Mondays.
Food bank vouchers will be issued through the Helpline number above.
Please see our Food Donations page if you would like to donate food or household supplies for us to distribute to people in need.
WE still need volunteers to help with our Hub work, especially delivery volunteers with cars or cargo bikes. If you would like to volunteer to help Trafford residents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org