In 2019, funding for adult learning in Manchester was moved from central to local government.This means that from September, more of the courses at St John’s Centre will be focusing on skills that are needed for work. We will be offering a range of accredited vocational courses:
- Community Interpreting Level 2 (January 2020)
- Support Work in Schools Level 2
- Adult Social Care Level 1 ( starting with development course in November)
- Childcare (January)
- Customer Service (to be confirmed)
- Hospitality (to be confirmed)
These courses will all be free to learners on means tested benefits. You will be assessed to check that your spoken and written English are at the right level for the course, and if you need to, you will also be able to study Functional Skills English or ESOL Writing to get you to the right level.
Information about individual courses will be added to the website as they are confirmed. For more information in the meantime, please contact the Centre.