Step Into Digital
Assessment and Enrolment Session – 12.00 Wednesday 21st September.
Course Starts 26th September – Monday and Wednesday 12.30-3pm for 5 weeks.
This course is suitable for beginner students in IT and students who would like to build confidence and skills in using digital devices such as a mobile phone, tablet or laptop. No previous experience or equipment is needed.
You will learn digital skills to use in everyday life including accessing online services and learning, basic searching on the internet, e-safety, entering text, using apps, using email and communicating online. You will also gain knowledge on Zoom and Canvas, our virtual learning environment.
This course is free to learners on income dependent benefits and low incomes (less than £18,135 per year).
Essential Digital Skills
Dates and times to be confirmed.
This accredited course is designed to equip you with all the skills you need to become digitally confident. You will learn:
- Effectively searching for information online;
- online shopping and transactions;
- accessing, registering and maintaining accounts for benefits, housing and utilities;
- being safe, legal and responsible online;
- communication services to keep you connected to family and friends; and
- how to use work based software like Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint for work.
You will need some experience of using computers, and be able to speak English to a good standard. This course is free to learners on income dependent benefits and low incomes (less than £18,135 per year).
If you don’t want a formal course but need to improve your skills, you can work at your own rate in our dedicated computer suite and get one-to-one support from trained volunteers. £2 per week donation requested.