In September 2023, we will be offering a formal course and a drop-in session where you can work at your own pace:
Essential Digital Skills Level 1
This course is free to learners on income dependent benefits and low incomes (less than £20,888 per year).
This accredited course is designed to equip you with all the skills you need to become digitally confident. You will learn:
- Effectively searching for information online;
- online shopping and transactions;
- accessing, registering and maintaining accounts for benefits, housing and utilities;
- being safe, legal and responsible online;
- communication services to keep you connected to family and friends; and
- how to use work based software like Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint for work.
You will need some experience of using computers, and be able to speak English to a good standard.
You can register for this course at our Open Day on September 12th
If you don’t want a formal course but need to improve your skills, you can work at your own pace in our dedicated computer suite and get free one-to-one support from our volunteer Digital Champions. No need to make an appointment – just drop in any Thursday from 10am-12.