The Centre is very lucky have some excellent volunteers who give their time to support its activities.
Our volunteers support us by:
- Dealing with calls and enquiries in the Community Response Hub;
- Teaching and learner support, particularly for ESOL;
- Helping people with basic IT skills and tasks as one of our Digital Champions;.
- Packing and distributing food for Bread & Butter
- Supporting jobseekers in our Job Club;
- Cooking and baking for events and to support our activities;
- Supporting Children and Young People’s activities, including our Stay and Play and holiday activities.
- Gardening and growing in the centre grounds.
- Organising and running fundraising events with our “Friends of St John’s” group.
Our Board of Directors is made up of volunteers who give of their time cheerfully and freely.
We are also involved with local schools, enabling young people to undertake their work experience. In addition, we have worked with student placements who need teaching hours as part of their courses.
We currently have the following volunteer roles available:
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Claire Trivino [email protected] or 0161 872 7795 to find out more and how to get involved.